We’re excited to announce that we’re remaking hi5. In connection with Tagged, the social network for meeting new people, hi5 will have a new look and new features to help you meet new friends around the world. As part of this update, some hi5 features will be discontinued. Here are some of the highlights you can expect to see soon:
- Profile: You’ll now have more customization control including access to over 15,000+ skins, drag and drop ability, and an easier skin creation tool. Your current profile skin may not be available. Avatars and fives will be discontinued. To improve security, hi5 will no longer be displaying private information such as your email addresses, phone numbers, and IM usernames. Please copy all the info you need before February 15, 2012.
- Photos: We’re working hard to improve the overall photo experience. As part of this change, we’ll need your help to review some settings.
- Friends: You’ll keep all your hi5 friends and have the ability to meet even more friends through Tagged. hi5 Friend Circles will be discontinued.
- Supporters and Coins: If you were a member of the hi5 supporter program, you will continue to receive benefits. Any unused hi5 coins in your account will be automatically converted into Tagged gold.
- Games and Applications: We’re releasing new social games where you can play together with your friends and make new friends too! Current hi5 games and applications will be discontinued at the end of February. We will be working with the game makers to help you play these games on other sites.
- Groups: You can create and join new groups. However, current hi5 groups will not be available.
- Toolbar: The hi5 toolbar will be discontinued. Please log in through the website or mobile web.
- Languages: We will support the following languages: English, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Mexico), French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brasil), Portuguese (Portugal), Dutch, Russian, Romanian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, Basa Jawa, Bahasa Melayu, Bengali, Marathi(Indian), Hindi(Indian), Punjabi(Indian), Thai, Turkish, and Hungarian.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via the form linked here.
Learn more about Tagged here.