San Francisco offers a plethora of events and festivals to enjoy during the summer months, catering to “foodies,” music connoisseurs and seekers of fun. With thousands of events to choose from, we thought we’d weigh in with a few of our favorites.
Food & Drink
San Francisco is especially exalted for its great food, and in this city culinary prowess can often be found outside the restaurant atmosphere:
- ”Off the Grid happens every Friday at Fort Mason. Over 30 different food trucks from all over the city come together every Friday for a night of good eats.” – Jared K., Director of Product Design
- ”Matcha is a fun way to check out the newest exhibit at the Asian Art Museum. I grab a cocktail and head to the cooking demo, then I skip out to a nice dinner where I try to match the food to the Matcha theme. Another great event happens at the Cheese School of San Francisco. The class usually focuses on a specific type of cheese or region. Really informative and delicious.” - Sasha D., Legal Director
- ”One event in particular that I’m a fan of is the Bay Area Brew Fest. Imagine a giant warehouse on a pier that is filled with booths for dozens of local and international breweries. When you arrive at the festival, you get a mug and from there you can drink as much beer from as many breweries as you want (or can handle). There is an entrance fee, but it’s the type of event that lends itself to coupons if you take the time to search for them. This year the festival is Olympics-themed and encourages participants to dress up. You will definitely have a great time.” – Andrew N., Software Engineer
There is never a shortage of noise in our bustling city, but music and melodies are also not hard to find.
- ”Outside Lands is a can’t-miss SF event, in my opinion. It offers a great mix of new and established bands right in our backyard. So far Santigold and Regina Spektor are my top picks for this year, but I’m hoping to find some new favorites!” – Meg B., Marcom Manager
- ”Stern Grove Festival has free concerts every Sunday from the beginning of July to the end of August. You can pack a picnic and enjoy music ranging from the SF Symphony to the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. The festival is celebrating its 75th year. Make sure to check the weather, it can get chilly out in the Sunset and layers are recommended!” - Gretel V.W., Recruiter
Music and food may be two of San Francisco’s darlings, but the city boasts lots of other fun events to enjoy.
- “Fleet Week is a must. Last year I joined up with some coworkers from Tagged and went on a roof to watch the Blue Angels overlooking the bay.” - Barrett C., Engineering Manager
- ”In the summer months, I love going to Sunday Streets! This is an event where the city closes off certain streets to cars and opens it up to pedestrians, bicyclists and vendors.” - Brandon Mangold, QA Manager
- ”Nightlife at Academy of Sciences is one of my favorite things to do in the city. It’s fun to view all their amazing exhibits with friends – and a cocktail in hand. Another perk of this event is the dance floor; it’s almost like being at a nightclub in a museum!” - Courtney M., Marcom Intern
All in all, summer living is good here in San Francisco and the Tagged team is thankful for all that the city has to offer.